5 Yoga Poses Every Office Worker Needs To Do
Is your life busy for the past few days, weeks, months or should I say every day? Feel so stressed and exhausted with the telephone rings, paper works, photocopier sound, clicking on mouse and keyboard.
As an office worker, How many hours do you spend sitting a desk per day? Hmm... I bet you've been locked into computer work for hours, all day without taking breaks. Since many of us spend too much of our day sat a desk which isn't conducive to a healthy lifestyle, I have gathered some list of yoga poses that can be easily performed at your desk or in your office.
This is gonna be a healthier and more productive office day so let's start!
Here's how to do it:
1. Sit on the edge of your chair
2. place feet hip distance apart
3. Rest hands on upper thighs and relax shoulders
4. Inhale while you arch your spine and exhale while you hollow out
5. Lift your breastbone forward and up and allow your head and neck to lengthen out and back, coming into the Cow backbend.
6. As you continue to exhale, allow your middle back to move back as well and drop your chin toward your chest, coming into the Cat forward bend.
Precautions - Avoid if you have slipped discs in the back.
How to do it:
1. Press one hand on the opposite thigh
2. Press the opposite hand on the back of the chair
3. Keep exhaling as you twist by your upper body towards the right and look over your right shoulder, now simply twist and release your upper body 3 to 5 times. You can repeat the same for your other side.
1. Wrap one arm under the other
2. Press your hands together in the prayer position
3. Push your arms up away from your face
How to do it:
1. Interlace fingers and lift your arms over your head
2.Bend to one side of your body to feel a stretch in your ribs
3. Repeat both sides
1. Place one arm over your head
2. Push another arm behind your back
3. Repeat on both sides
I am sure we can all agree that sitting at a desk for long period of time is draining. So there you go, five easy to do and feel-good poses to fight desk tension for you to have at least a well-deserved moment for yourself.
These quick poses will not just alleviate stress and tension in your body but will also help calm and refocus your mind to be more productive at your job.
I hope you find these poses effective that you can do right at your desk with a short break from sitting for hours.
Have a break and Let these poses refresh your mind, body, and spirit.