Chakra Colors – The 7 Chakras and Their Meanings
Chakras are circular vortexes of energy lying across seven different points on our spinal column. The seven chakras are connected to different glands and organs in the body and are responsible for uniform distribution of “Chi” (also called “Qi” or Praana or life energy) through them. When there is a disruption in this life energy or a blockage in any Chakras, the individual may suffer from health or mental issues. A deficiency in this ecosystem can wreak havoc in the different areas of life.
Each Chakra is also associated with specific chakra colors. In this brief guide, we shall study the different chakra colors as well as the areas of life the different chakras impact.
Different chakra colors and their meanings
- The Root Chakra – The Sanskrit word for this Chakra is Mooladhara Chakra (mool means root). The root chakra defines our relation to Earth. It impacts our vitality, passion and survival instincts.
Chakra Color: Red. The red chakra colors are also indicative of our need for logic and order, physical strength, and sexuality as well as the fight or flight response when faced with danger.
The sense of smell in the human body is connected to the Root Chakra. The gland to which the root chakra is attached is the Gonads.
2. The Sacral Chakra – The Sanskrit word for the sacral chakra is the Swadhisthana chakra. Swadishthana chakra relates to the water element in the human body.
Chakra Color: Orange. The chakra colors orange impact sexuality, reproductive function, joy, desire and even creativity, compassion for others etc.
The sense of Taste is associated with the Sacral Chakra. Glands and organs impacted by this chakra include the lymphatic system, female reproductive organs, large intestine, pelvis, bladder etc.
3. The Solar plexus Chakra – The Sanskrit word for this chakra is Manipura Chakra which literally translates to “city of jewels”. Thus the solar plexus chakra is the personal power chakra that is responsible for one’s personal and professional success.
Chakra Color: Yellow. The chakra color yellow of this energy vortex are associated with fire, energy, charge etc. This element of fire, when balanced and harmonious allows one to feel more confident, cheerful and energetic along with a right amount of respect for self and others.
Our sense of sight is associated with the solar plexus chakra. The glands or organs associated with Solar plexus chakra are Adrenal glands.
4. The Heart Chakra – Anahata Chakra or the heart chakra. This chakra influences our relationships and has the Air element.
5. The Throat Chakra – The Vishuddhi chakra refers to our true voice. As the name suggests, the Throat chakra.
6. The Brow/Third Eye Chakra – The Ajna Chakra literally translates to “center of knowing or monitoring”.
Chakra Color: Indigo. It is connected to the Pineal or pituitary gland. Those with a well-balanced brow chakra can have telepathic abilities, charismatic personality and they often do not have any fear of death.
7. The Crown Chakra – This chakra is known as Sahasrara chakra in Sanskrit.
Once you are aware of the 7 Chakras and their chakra colors, you can consider the methods of awakening and strengthen them in order to balance all areas of life. Doing so can help you stay mentally and physically fit, and also improve your financial/professional lives.
Explore some of our Bracelets with the 7 Chakras in them now! Click Here!
Reference: . (2014). Color-Meaningscom. Retrieved 21 July, 2016, from http://www.color-meanings.com/chakra-colors-the-7-chakras-and-their-meanings/
In-text citation: (Color-meaningscom, 2014)